Exit

Sharing color palettes between files

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whaaaat? 

Is this possible now?

No, of course it's not.  This is just a short post to point out one of a THOUSAND things that Adobe has woefully neglected to do in its decades-long course of software production. 

Be ashamed, Adobe.  I don't think I speak for myself entirely when I say that your customers absolutely LOATHE you.  We pay you our monthly pittance because we have no choice.  And you treat us with contempt because we have no alternative.  I don't expect anything to change.  I don't expect anyone of real significance in your company to read this or do anything about it.  I'm just voicing my anger in the most futile way.  Have a great day, everybody!  But don't forget that Adobe doesn't love you.  It hasn't for a long long time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Symbol Palette Control?

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save color palettes locally as .clr files which can be shared and imported to other documents:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate-discussions/export-and-import-the-color-palettes/td-p/1057890...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to others here, you can simply replace the default color palette as well as create your own custom template document with your palette of choice. 

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Animate you can also open the CC Libraries panel where you can share colors with anybody you wish via the Adobe Creative Cloud. Take a deep breath and remember, that nobody is out to get you based on pure hatred or loathing. There are actually good people in the world who want you to have the ability to share your colors. They are bright and beautiful I'm sure 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a current FLA document I have open. The far left panel with all those colors were shared with me by someone I work with. He's in Chicago and I'm in Boston. Sharing between files or sharing between remote co-workers, is pretty fun.

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 1.52.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines