• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slight Shifting Offset When Drawing With Wacom Tablet

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read about several different posts in the forum involving similar issues to mine, but I still can't manage to resolve this minor but bothersome issue. I'm using a Wacom Intuos drawing tablet to draw on Adobe Animate and something has always bothered me while using it: any strokes I make using the pen become slightly offset from where I originally drew them, as soon as I lift the pen. I've had to resort to drawing several millimeters away from where I want the strokes to be in order for them to end up where I want them to be when I lift the pen. However, it's certainly not an ideal way of working and I would love to figure out a fix for this.

As aforementioned, I've read in several different discussions about similar issues, but changing the drawing input to Windows Ink in Preferences and enabling Windows Ink on my Wacom settings hasn't made a difference. This issue is only present in Animate and I have no problems using my tablet on any other program. I wonder if there is some other setting I am missing, or if I just have to wait for Adobe to fix this in a future update if this is on their end. 

If this information helps, the computer I'm using is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000, with an i5 processor and intel iRIS Xe graphics. I'm running on Windows 11 software, however this problem was present even back when I was still on Windows 10. Once again, I am using a Wacom Intuos drawing tablet.

Attached is a video of my brush strokes shifting a little bit as soon as I lift my tablet pen.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Product issue , Tablet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

If your display scaling is other than 100% it may be the cause of the issue.

Check your display scaling in Windows settings and try to set it to 100%, if it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your display scaling is other than 100% it may be the cause of the issue.

Check your display scaling in Windows settings and try to set it to 100%, if it is not.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had forgotten that I had changed my display scaling before. I've changed it back to 100% and my tablet works great with Animate now. Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's awesome, mate!

Well done!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines