• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow and jittery animations

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched through the forums and Google and it seems the suggested way to stop the animation jitter and slow fps is to use cache as bitmap. The only issue is, even the tutorial on your blogs has crazy slow animations when running on an android device. Test this link out on android to see. The link was taken from the tutorial, here.

So, what else can be done to fix the slow animations?

---- edit

I just grabbed the code from another adobe tutorial and that seems to work much better on android devices. You can test it on a device here. The code came from this tutorial.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Well seems that issue stems from the publish settings.

If you tick "scale to fit visible area", then you get terrible performance on some Android devices.
I am still testing the performance, so I will update this post as I discover more.

--- update ---

If you want smooth animations on all devices, DONT USE "scale to fit visible area". That setting completely destroys your FPS.

Secondly, I using code to handle sprite position relative to a mask although it works, it also gives you a massive drop in FP

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to see what difference in approach the two of them took?

If you're just animating, or feel brave enough to cope with WebGL Javascript, this is one case where WebGL ought to perform better than Canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well seems that issue stems from the publish settings.

If you tick "scale to fit visible area", then you get terrible performance on some Android devices.
I am still testing the performance, so I will update this post as I discover more.

--- update ---

If you want smooth animations on all devices, DONT USE "scale to fit visible area". That setting completely destroys your FPS.

Secondly, I using code to handle sprite position relative to a mask although it works, it also gives you a massive drop in FPS. And the code I was using wasnt even that complex. To fix this issue I manually created gifs and dropped them in the library. Animate then automatically creates an MC containing your gif built up from the separate frames. If like me you need control over the start and stop of the gif, you can simply add actions to the MC, this also works for handling callbacks upon animation completion.

Sadly, the above method feels very inelegant and I can't help but feel there is a more sophisticated method that would allow me to use code. I mean the whole thing runs on createjs, so why the FPS drop when managing mask and sprite orientations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines