• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start the timeline from 0

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me or is there no way to change the timeline from starting at frame 0?

I don't know why all other timeline adobe software (Premiere/after effects) start at frame 0 (when choosing to work with frames) but Animate CC just doesn't.

Strange...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Other programs are showing time of zero, and some of them let you set that to be 1 hour in. I'm not sure why. Anyway, the 0 in those programs means zero time since the start. Animate now has a time value showing as well, though 0 seconds isn't marked.

As for AS3 and Canvas, both FLAs start the timeline with frame 1, but in order to perhaps save a line of code somewhere, the CreateJS library counts frame 1 as being frame 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because JavaScript can not start from 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

marjantrajkovski  wrote

Because JavaScript can not start from 0

For posterity, no. HTML5 Canvas timelines start from 0.

nozero.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly can't tell if you're saying you do or do not want the timeline to start at 0.

In AS3 documents it starts at 1. In Canvas documents it starts at 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other programs are showing time of zero, and some of them let you set that to be 1 hour in. I'm not sure why. Anyway, the 0 in those programs means zero time since the start. Animate now has a time value showing as well, though 0 seconds isn't marked.

As for AS3 and Canvas, both FLAs start the timeline with frame 1, but in order to perhaps save a line of code somewhere, the CreateJS library counts frame 1 as being frame 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines