Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Texture Atlas Size/Resolution

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to export some texture atlases of vector graphics from adobe animate files, but there is no option for up-resing the images so some of the smaller animations are coming up very blurry and small. Is there any setting or process for making these larger before exporting? It would be nice to be able to make everything fit a 512x512 atlas or something like that.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Hi!

Are you selecting the sprites on the stage or inside the library?

You have to select your shapes/symbols on the stage with the Selection Tool (V), pressing Ctrl + A or something like this. Than you right click the selection on stage and choose the option to generate the sprite sheet.

I just tested this method and worked for me.

Please let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

As far as I know, you can't resize individual sprites from within the Generate Sprite Sheet menu.

What you can do is to press Ctrl + J, resize your document to a bigger size (checking the "Scale content" option), select the vectors on stage you want do convert and then right click them all to generate the sprite sheet.

After exporting everything you want, press Ctrl + Z to restore the original size of your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank you for replying! So i have tried doing it that way, but it doesn't seem to change the size of my exporting spritesheet. I've screen shotted my process below, maybe you can spot something i'm doing wrong!

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 9.55.45 AM.png

Here's the original image, very tiny.

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 9.56.40 AM.png

This is when i export the shapes at that tiny size. The sprite sheet is 512x1024.

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 9.57.28 AM.png

Now when i size up the document~

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 9.57.42 AM.png

I get a very big fox

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 9.58.02 AM.png

But when i go to export the shapes, i get the same size sprite sheet

Anything you can spot or suggest would be awesome! Thank you again for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Are you selecting the sprites on the stage or inside the library?

You have to select your shapes/symbols on the stage with the Selection Tool (V), pressing Ctrl + A or something like this. Than you right click the selection on stage and choose the option to generate the sprite sheet.

I just tested this method and worked for me.

Please let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I got it to work! Although i ended up using the Transform tool for scaling as opposed to changing the document size, because that was behaving strangely for me sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is great! I'm really glad it worked!

I suggested the stage scaling because I had no idea about your file complexity. But surely selectively transforming objects will work too!

Good job. o/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines