• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transparent gif from flash

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export these gifs with transparency and I am still getting the background with transparency selected in publish settings. Does anyone know a way to remove the background and just have a transparent gif?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

I just found a method so you can export your Flash movie as an animated gif with transparency.What I have done is create a folder and then export as a png sequence. Then you go into Abobe Bridge select all the png images in your folder under Bridge select Photoshop>Tools>Load files into Layers. Once you are back in Photoshop view the Timeline dialog box, pull down the arrow on upper right hand corner and Make Frames from Layers. If you like at this point you can Select All Frames in the pull dow

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If U are using a Flash CC and U want to export ANIMATED GIF WITH TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND

1. File > Export > Export Movie
2. Select format > Animated Gif
3. Under Export Gif pop out option window > Select Colors : 256. Select Transparent, Interlace, Dither solid colors. DO NOT SELECT "Smooth"!

It should work now. For some reasons, if U want your animated gif to appear "smoother" on the graphics' edges, they come with your stage background color. However, without selecting "Smooth" option, the graphics still looks rather smooth to me, plus, I get to keep a transparent background. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my CC2015 (Mac) the whole export to GIF animation feature is buggy - interlace & dither options will create corrupt GIF file. The transparent option does not create transparent background at all. However you can open the Flash generated GIF in Photoshop and Save for Web; in there you can specify the background transparency colour. I guess the result is the same as Flash generated GIF if Flash's export option was working.

@kennethkawamoto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notwithstanding Flash does not export to GIF with transparent background (not for me anyway), the problem with GIF is that it is not really transparent but just not showing one of the indexed colours - so that you will always get ugly jagged edges. Also colours are limited to maximum 256.

My solution is to export to a series of transparent PNG, then stitch together to create a sprite and set it as background of a <div>, then use CSS/JS to animate it (change the position of the sprite background). This way you get true alpha channel transparency with 24 bit colours. And you can control speed etc on the fly, which you cannot do with GIF. Now I have zero reason to use animated transparent GIF

@kennethkawamoto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could take your animation into an HTML5 Canvas FLA, and export the spritesheet in one go. No need for any stitching. Or from a regular FLA you can export a movieclip as a spritesheet.

Also, look at https://tinypng.com , it can dramatically optimize the file size of PNGs without them looking any worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good, I will try generating sprite sheet that way - it will save a lot of time, thanks.

How nice to come across you again Colin, by the way. "Sprite" sounds a bit nostalgic

@kennethkawamoto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines