Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim Paths in Animate CC?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is in the title...
Why in 2017 "Trim paths" is still not available in Animate CC?? It's a basic animation effect, available in after effect but for strange and mysterious reasons unknown in Animate where it's really a nightmare to create similar effect (and spend hours), however Trim path would so have his place in Animate.
I'm an illustrator and animator, I use Animate for 99% of my work and I SO need this option... PLEASE update it!!!!

(and sorry for my uggly english)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

You can place a request with the team directly using the wishlist form Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can place a request with the team directly using the wishlist form Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it too!!! Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work for Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Gamm System 

it used to work when @Preran posted that in 2017.  maybe flagging his name will get a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in 2020 and it's still the same... What I do is I do a mask layer and just draw on it... like literally frme by frame. Finally it gives me the effect I need but it takes time... This simple trick can be easily done in AE (3-5 minutes).
However if I trim a simple path like a square, or a circle this can beeasily attainable by transforming the mask and applying either Shape Tween or Classic Tween. 
Gosh I spend days trying to solve this issue and the only solution for compound shapes is to draw on mask layer frame by frame... Pity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe Animate seems lacking in the animation features. Go figure. Please add this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add this feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all!
Ok. We all know - Adobe will never ever listen in us. We can spam in that Feature Request Form for eternity. They will not give us that feature. And there is no answer "why" on earth.

The question is - How to simulate it? Here we are users, all we are using Animate, I guess. So - what is the solution? Is there any trick, method, something, how to (for example) reveal a square outline continuously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can refer to this tutorial https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1J54y1B72n 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found one in english that works essentially the same! Felt like sharing the wealth! 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=252kA6UkhMo

Works using masks, nested movie clips and shape tweens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my friend, I also support this idea, come on adobe, I will also send a request;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this video show one process to create.
https://youtu.be/geMvT5GwLH0

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can make suggestions to adobe here: for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GammSystem_0-1672305364089.png

Thank to all, but it seems that this is not possible, the page doesn't allow to make requests for "adobe animate"....

Furthermore, all the proposed solutions (with masks), which are in any case valid and well known, are cumbersome and long to create...

It would like the "trim path" feature directly enabled in Adobe Animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes that's exactly what I did... but for the Adobe Animate product it doesn't work... if you select for example Adobe XD instead it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, i see.

i guess they don't want to hear from users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines