• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to distribute to layers, Adobe Flash CS6

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I attempt to distrubute something to layers, I usually recieve "Could not complete the operation because of an unknown error", or it deletes most of the objects when creating new layers, or the program will crash entirely. I have already tried reinstalling and restarting my computer. Although, I am not sure if I am properly uninstalling and reinstalling CS6 because the settings I have changed to default are still saved when I reinstall the program. Does anyone have any advice for this?

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, delete your Config folder, so that all settings are reset.

Description how to find Config and how to reset it is here.

After that make sure you close all programs that you run in background and try distribute to layers.

It is possible that you receive this error because some other piece of software is 'stealing' and altering the contents of the clipboard. We have seen this happen with OpenOffice and VirtualBox. There may be others. Flash's clipboard is exposed and this can happen.

Flash should be the only program running.

If you are able to successfully distribute to layers, start firing your other applications one by one and test until you identify which one is causing the interference.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i faced the same issue delete Config folder and re install is not fixed the issue 

finally i formated my pc ( windows 11 ) tried with fresh installed os the problem fixed 

then i notiesed after installing ''MovaviVideoConver''  the problem still repeat.

then i tried uninstalling MovaviVideoConver the problem fixed i think this app making some problem with flash

so please try after uninstalling MovaviVideoConver if you have allready installed in your pc i hope this will fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be one of those programs which alter the clipboard.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of computer system and OS are you running most computers are 64-bit and CS6 is 32-bit so it may be the reason. 

Maybe upgrade to the Adobe animate? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines