• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to multiply transform. GDI Status: ^1

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use the newest release of Adobe Animate because of this error.

Unable to multiply transform. GDI Status: ^1

Does anyone know the solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start your new fla

any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I can use the software, but the error pops up if I try to import a custom asset.

Perhaps it pops up at other times, too - I will have to pay more attention to see what else triggers the error pop up.   Also interesting is that when I was testing this issue, I found that I don't have the problem with my Adobe Animate version 2023.  Only Adobe Animate version 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it a particular asset import?

and what do you mean by a "custom" asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error when just opening Animate 2024.  New file, old file, it doesn't matter.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installed just in case there was an issue with the installation.  Now, one thing is this is a corporate packaged install vs straight install from the desktop app.  I will install when I get home tonight to see if it does the same there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Troy_ski 

contact your admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have.  Unfortunately, they referred me to an article regarding "unable to set transform" and not multiply.  I suspected that it might be with their packaging, but wanted to check here just in case there was a known issue and a solution.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for an individual subscriber, uninstalling "including the preference" would be the first step.  that may (or may not) help your admin look for the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did uninstall, including the preferences. There was no change. I still get the pop up.

One good thing is that the software is running and the Assets do import (At first it seemed like it would not import the assets). So, right now, the software is usable. Good. But that message is a concern and there is no information about it when I do an internet search. I'm glad to know it is happening to other people and not just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see from other forums, this is probably a hardware issue. 

just which hardware, in your situation, i don't know, but suspect video.  if you have a stand-alone video card, change your settings to use animate with different video hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in the past few days, my friends and I have also received this kind of pop-up window.
After investigation, I found that this was caused by the installation of a third-party extension. When opening the plug-in in the window extension, this pop-up window will occur. If the extension is closed, it will not appear.

But this error will only pop up once after the software is started, and not at other times.
After checking the reason for the error, I really can’t associate it with the AS3 code used in the plug-in.

The strange thing is that not all 2024 versions have this error after installing the extension.
There is no such problem in other versions!

At least I'm sure it's caused by the installation of extensions.
Is the problem also caused by the installation of extensions on your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any extensions installed right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I don't get this pop up message with the previous version of Adobe Animate. One of the first things I tried was to completely remove the 2024 version (including preferences), and then I reinstalled the 2023 version. I did not get the pop up warning. The 2024 version is the first time this has happened to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it is not caused by a specific operation, there is reason to believe that this is an error caused by the instability of the 2024 version. Hopefully they will fix this in the next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I just got it, and it's now almost 3 months later, is Adobe always this slow with updates and bug fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same dialog.  I just joined the Adobe Cloud and am trying to learn Animate for the first time.
I read this might be dependent on the graphics card.  I have a RDX2060 graphics card.  DirectX12 is installed.
(Screendump from DXDiag attached).
I'm obviously not happy about paying for my monthly subscription already and the first tutorial I attempt to run is throwing dialog boxes on the "Pig Run" tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also submitted a bug, but there was no way I could see to attach the screenshots so I attached them here.

Also not impressed with Adobe's bug submission system for subscribers at this point :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the online tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Windows blog page there's a Windows 11 Preview Build (22635.2841 (KB5032286)) that fixes a GDI error:

Mario_CR_0-1702237057558.png

It may or may not be related but to anyone having this issue, give it a try and let us know if it makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the extra info. I'll check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Adobe Media Encoder and QuickTime. my problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Seamless pattern 

you were seeing an, "Unable to multiply transform. GDI Status: ^1" error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any fix so far? i got the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem like it. The error pop-up message appears for me if I try to access the default Assets (Which I rarely do).

As a test, I did drag several of those assets onto my stage. So far, I've been able to place them, despite the warning message.  However, I've heard that some folks are not able to complete the built-in tutorials because of this issue.  I have all of the currents updates for Animate and Media Encoder along with all of my video card and Windows updates, etc. Luckily for me, this issue isn't affecting what I need to accomplish in my day-to-day work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines