• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to multiply transform. GDI Status: ^1

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use the newest release of Adobe Animate because of this error.

Unable to multiply transform. GDI Status: ^1

Does anyone know the solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have fixed this problem....had the same issue every time upon starting the program.  I have an Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 card that didn't have the proper video settings.  Very first time I ever booted this program up (just today) I got the error.  Read various blogs, leading me to my video settings.  I restored the per-program settings back to default.  Error disappeared...so far.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks fot that @Mr. Catnip 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually appears I'm wrong...it still came up, but it doesn't come up on start now?  I have a sneaking suspicion this is some graphics card related setting/driver that's not quite compatiable....because what I did (resetting the program specific graphics settings) stopped the error from coming up on launch, but it did it once again while going through some TUT's.  Unfortunately I've not had enough time to play with this to see a pattern.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to hear that 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am also struggling with the same issue. I am a total beginner and would appreciate if you could specify how to resolve the problem. How and where can i restore the pre-program settings back to default?

TIA 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your Nvidia settings/control panel. Under 3D settings find "Manage 3D settings". Go to the tab "Program Settings". Wait for the list to populate and find "Adobe Character Animator" and then "Restore". This should set all video settings required by the program (same for any program, you can customize the video settings for each program). Usually the default is best...but sometimes a 'global change' gets made which can mess with particular programs. This seemed to help upon boot, but I still occasionally get the error...where originally I got it every time. So, I'm suspecting that this is a graphics card issue....but honestly not sure at all. Hope this helps! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select "Adobe Media Encoder CC" and use your method it work. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, glad it helped...it sure seemed to slow the problem down for me! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, did the trick for me too!
Thanks @Mr. Catnip for the answer and Renee @ BU for the question.
Good animating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome! Glad this is helping! 🙂

--
Brett Buchanan

<personal info removed-kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change you nvidia settings to look like this it fixed it for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed.  I installed Animate for the first time yesterday (April 1, 2024.  I got this error upon opening the app (every time) and at other times.  Installing the new update fixed it for me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear that @Guy Mark 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a lot of reading with no solution. I just installed Animate, wouldn't it be the latest verson? My drivers were recently updated. Has there been any fixes found? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it should be the latest version compatible with your computer (which is not necessarily the latest version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to read this 3 times before I understood. I guess Ill try a previous version, but I hve an up-to-date TUFF Laptop, so I shoul be good to go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,  Ive read all the post for this get fixed, no luck. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, also tried with older version of Animate(2023), the error pops -up shuting the application. Ive corarate subscription for the creative cloud and running on Windows 10. 

Could i get a solution ASAP?  Am in a tight schedule to finish up my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall animate including preferences using the cc desktop app

create a new user account. (google your os and how to create a new one.)

restart your computer 

reinstall animate

test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Renee,

I might have find the solution. Apparently there is a bug going on. That means you might need to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Animate so you can go to the latest update. You also might need to go to Adobe Media Encoder to get the update. 

A lot of people are having this problem(including me)so try that. Message me if you have any problems or just google it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the reason why is because it wasnt at the year yet for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ximplo,

Thanks for writing. I had previously uninstalled and did a clean install, but I can always try it again. I am able to use the software. I found the workarounds that I needed to, so it isn't a dire emergency for me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ximplo Animations,

I don't think so.

Just now I installed Animate, Media Encoder and a couple another Creative Cloud Applications on a fresh Windows 11 Pro PC and I got the same error "Unable to multiply transform. GDI Status: ^1".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reverting back to animate 2023 fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also found that the 2023 version does not produce the error. Unfortunately, I have to keep using the current version - I teach classes with Animate and need to stay on the version that my students are required to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renee @ BU 

did you try a new user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines