• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open some previous files (FLA) after upgrading to the Animate CC version 19.1 (Build 349).

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT PROBLEM:

Unable to open some previous files (FLA) after upgrading to the Animate CC version 19.1 (Build 349).

It happens above all with a little complex files, no error message, it simply does not open the files. I tried to reset preferences, uninstall and reinstall Animate CC, move files locally and not on remote disk, all failed attempts...

luckily I still installed a copy of Animate CC 2018 which allows me to work on file here, but it seems that I lose data since I have to open files created with the latest version (CC 2019)

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

p.s.

I suspect it is an Animate v19.1 issue only and has nothing to do with Mojave. Gamm System, you are using MacOS HIGH SIERRA 10.13.6 and experience this problem as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a problem since the Adobe fonts have been added as an alternative to Google fonts in the latest build. As Klaus has mentioned, the only solution is, or to downgrade to the previous build, or not to use web fonts. Hopefully Adobe comes with a quick patch.

Cheers, Stefaan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefaan, i don't think Adobe fonts are responsible. They were formerly known as Typekit and have been available in Animate CC since at least 2016. That's when I used web fonts in Animate for the first time.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

After almost a month of silence on this issue I'm happy to report good news.

I've got my hands on Animate v19.2 Prerelease M02 (Build 13811486) and the main issue here with Google fonts seems to have been dealt with. I can open FLAs which use Google fonts.

Please don't aks me how i got this version. It's because I sent in the bug report and was offered access to pre-releases as a kind of bait I suppose. I can't pass on this "privilege".

Be patient, I guess it won't be long until the official version 19.2 is released.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

incredible it takes so long…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines