• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Selectable text pointer mouse in Animate Canvas in runtime

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of unwanted Selectable text mouse cursor change in Animate Canvas in runtime?

This is annoying, the mouse cursor change randomly to selection cursor over text in runtime movie playing. I know it used to be a feature in Flash that could be turned off, but I do not see checkbox anymore in the properties panel.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue description conflicting. Is cursor changing randomly, or is cursor changing only when over selectable text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cursor changes occur over several layered MovieClips. The MovieClips have text in them but no buttons or active buttons. Just text, some text is static, some text is dynamic.

In regard to selectable text. I do not see 'selectable' text option anywhere in Canvas. Is it an option somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using component text anywhere? Browsers should only display the I-beam cursor where text can be selected, and pure canvas text cannot be selected, unless recent versions of Animate have added some accessibilty features that allow this.

Worst-case, you could modify the page CSS to force display of the default cursor for the problematic elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines