• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Animate to smooth jerky machinima?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create videos in Second Life with high quality screen capture. But I am always limited by the frame rate--that is, the more avatars are on the screen, the jerkier they move.  QUESTION: would Animate be able to treat these jerky images (there might be 10/second as an example) as still images and tween them into a smooth animation?  If there's a chance this will work I'll grab the free trial and maybe even end up subscribing.

A pretty good example is this video https://youtu.be/P6aLxaKHne0 , especially shots with lots of dancers on the screen. 

Thanks for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that second life is skipping poses to keep up the frame rate. If you could remove duplicate frames the final animation would be sped up.

Animations in Animate itself, no matter how demanding and jerky it is as a preview, will export to video with perfect frame rate. But that won't help your example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  What I'm wondering is if Animate can treat each frame as if it was a still image, and then 'fill in the gaps,' creating the tweens. But it sounds like I would actually have to SAVE each of those images individually for Animate to work with them (NOT practical).  That sound right to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, Animate is the wrong app to interpolate between bitmap-based frames. It is actually quite limited in this regard, and focuses on vector-based animation.

What you are looking for is called "Optical Flow": this interpolation method will calculate and add inbetween frames. Check out the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErOc_LkZaIk

If you have access to Premiere (you probably do) then that is the app you'd be interested in to smooth out the recording. If not, Google other options online - there are free open source ones avialable too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines