• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very very annoying bug with the size of the classic brush

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used animate for more than a year now, and suddenly, my brush started to zoom it's size with stage, no matter if the option is on or off. I have it turned off right now and it still changes the size even if it's deactivated, I took a screenshot, all of the lines are drawn size 8 pix and min 6, zoom with stage option deactivated, and the only thing I changed is the % of zoom on the stage, it's very annoying and right now I have to finish a project before a very tight deadline, help please!

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Ok, I think I know what the problem is: the minimum size the classic brush can have is 1 pixel, it can't do sub-pixel sizes. This means that if your brush size is 8, which is 8 pixels at 100% zoom, the minimum zoom percentage you can draw with is 12.5% (round it up to 13% since stage zoom does not support decimals). Anything lower than that and the 'zoom size with stage' option won't be able to scale down the brush any further and you'll start seeing size variations.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! it's the other way around! I need it to be zooming but activated or not it still has errors, I just realized it was the other way around sorry don't really look at the screenshot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a camera on stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, note that the option is OFF per your screenshot and the way it works is opposite to what you're describing:

Having Zoom size with stage ON, keeps the brush size consistent at different stage zoom levels:

Mario_CR_0-1700576816512.png

Zoom size with stage OFF, means the brush cursor won't adjust to the stage zoom and so size variations will ocurr:

Mario_CR_1-1700576933141.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sorry I realized I said it the other way around! but my problem persists, take a look at the next screenshot, it'sturned on but it still changes help! I've reinstalled the whole thing, even removed preferences, and it still doesn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to take screenshot of the entire screen?

What version do you currently have installed? Please check by going to Help > About Animate...

What is the resolution of your stage?

Do you have an active camera on the timeline?

Are you using Windows Display Scaling with a scale % other than 100?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the version 21.0.1, it happens in every fla file I have but my stage is 1920 x 1080, no active camera and my screen is 4k 200%, but it always worked well like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I know what the problem is: the minimum size the classic brush can have is 1 pixel, it can't do sub-pixel sizes. This means that if your brush size is 8, which is 8 pixels at 100% zoom, the minimum zoom percentage you can draw with is 12.5% (round it up to 13% since stage zoom does not support decimals). Anything lower than that and the 'zoom size with stage' option won't be able to scale down the brush any further and you'll start seeing size variations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! I experimented around and that does seem to be the problem, I was just getting very confused, every other size is fine as I tried, thank you! From now on I'll try to not zoom out that much haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines