• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

well i have some issues in Adobe Director 12

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good night to you all! I'm using Adobe Director 12 in my Windows 11 Pro x64 OS. And i can't open .cct files for modding "burnin' rubber 3" game can you guys help me? 

Hseyin253300103dgy_0-1658359311808.png

if i click "ok" my screen is like this: 

Hseyin253300103dgy_1-1658359344327.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick check online shows that CCT is a protected shared cast, which is not supposed to be opened and edited in Director.

(Just like the DXR.)

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was part of a team which made a Director based CDrom in 1995. It won the first Interactive BAFTA award. I have the core code but since Director is no longer supported or sold by Adobe I cannot access the code. I would like to make two very minor changes to the code to enable it to play on screens with more that 256 colours. At the moment the lingo prohibits that. Do you know anyone with Director still operating on a machine who could make minor changes for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GrahamPeet 

do you have a valid serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a while since I used Director but I can probably find the serial number. If I can is it something you could help with? I think all it needs is for the line of lingo which checks the screen resolution to be removed and also I would like a version where the cursor is visible so it can be used without a touch screen.

I have the unlocked code.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you would be taking a risk by installing director from a non-adobe site, but there are sites that offer director 12. 

you would need to lots of malware scanning to insure there's unlikely to be a problem, but better would be to install on a computer that you can disconnect from the internet and that contains no data files.  ie, a computer that if it gets infected would be no problem restoring and could reveal no useful info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or better: use a virtual machine like Virtualbox, install an older version of Windows (there are VirtualBox disk images available for free on the Microsoft website), and install Director in the virtual Windows machine.

No risk for viruses and other issues.

But even then check, double-check, and triple-check the generated executables with anti-malware utilities and virus scanners before release into the public domain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have trouble: I have time next week and can have a look at it as well. Been a while since I touched Director! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe even makes director anymore.  They stopped supporting that 9 years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines