• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the info property of a NetStream publishing P2P on RTMFP show 0 for videoBytesPerSecond?

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on finding a means to detect bandwidth/latency issues in some Flex video chat software, other than what we're already using, and one thing I was looking at yesterday was NetStream.info.  Of course that's of the type NetStreamInfo, which has the property videoBytesPerSecond.

For RTMP connections, I saw that the value always appeared to be fairly reliable, whether the NetStream was publishing or receiving. Generally between the bandwidth the camera was allowed to use and the bandwidth that our client machines had, I would see values more-or-less around the lesser value always showing up in that property.  (This is without doing much more than using NetLimiter to try to trip it up, and it roughly held up under pressure in that scenario.)

For RTMFP connections, this is not so.  The receiving NetStream does fine; you see the correct number of bytes per second showing up in that property.  But for the sending NetStream, you just always see 0.  The same goes for a whole host of properties in the NetStreamInfo.  It's just like NetStream.info isn't tracking anything for publishing, P2P RTMFP streams.

Why?  Is there a work-around or something?  I would like to be able to use these to track latency issues and to know which side they're happening on.  If only receiving streams can be relied upon, that's make it harder to isolate issues to one side.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure the issue would manifest in this way but are you aware of the RTMFP over P2P issues in FP 11.9 and 12.0 on IE?

http://helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-player/release-note/fp_12_air_4_release_notes.html#known_issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the RTMFP stuff, we're using FP 11.5 and AIR 3.  I'm currently using Firefox on my office machine.  Thanks though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines