• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workaround solution for Flash EOL

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) This is regarding a desktop application developed in VC++ code(MFC) which works on windows 10. VC++ code invokes the flash files (.swf) for the front end GUI. The .swf file is compiled from animate document(.fla) file and the action script file(.as)
2) Currently as flash player is blocked by latest windows version, the swf files are not played during execution of the app. I need to have a work around solution to use the flash files in our app. Else what is the option for appropriate conversion of the files (.fla/.as/.swf) inorder to colour changes, data display, movie play, movement of object based on dynamic data etc) as available in the app.
Any suggestions please???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Flash browser plugins should be blocked now. Flash projectors should still function just fine. Your app isn't trying to play SWFs using an embedded browser, is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's played using ActiveX control. I have attached the screenshot when I am trying to run my app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that this question is old but as there are still some applications need to use Flash I want to mention F-IN-BOX (former FlashPlayerControl): https://www.f-in-box.com/dll/ With it, you can play flash movies after Flash EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines