• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with online tutorial in Animate, not working

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am recently new to Animate and am working my way through the tutorials.  The first in the sequence to include JavaScript I cannot get to work.  Its listed under the APP via "Rocket Launch - Interactive".  If anyone has built this up to completion I would appreciate being sent a copy so that I can look at the code and compare with what I have done on mine.  I bet it is simple but I am stuck.

I'll attach my attempt which does not run and includes some runtime errors which don't mean anything to me. 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad, I just saw the post with code today. I tried it in both Canvas and AS. The Canvas file sill didn't work at all. When I try to test it from Animate I just get the error message about Ease and nothing opens. If I publish the HTML file and open it there is no interactivity.

The AS file has interactivity and I can stop the rocket with a this.stop on the scene timeline but the button is not working with that code you sent so I'm guessing the AS code would be different.

Anywhoo, the HTML Canvas files are definitely very glitchy in my version.

Thanks for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the hands-on tutorials are glitchy.  the animate canvas files are not, or at least, i've never seen that and i've created quite a few.  ie, don't use the hands-on tutorials.  use the online tutorials.  among other things, it's a lot easier to help you if you encounter a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines