Actionscript to HTML5

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just curious if and when Animate will be updated to allow the user to do everything in HTML5 format as you can using ActionScript3.0. For a specific example, why can't you code an action to go to a different scene and play? Why, when I convert my ActionScript3.0 file to HTML5, does it break all the scenes apart into their own file?

Is there another way to go about linking "pages" without splitting them into different scenes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 Canvas doesn't have the concept of scenes but the newer (beta) WebGL formats do. 

Remember that HTML is a different platform, in many ways inferior ton what we had with "Flash" and we just have to find ways around the limitations that exist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I'm just curious if and when Animate will be updated to allow the user to do everything in HTML5 format as you can using ActionScript3.0"

Literally never.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines