Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a new font?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Animate CC 2015 and I am unable to add a new font.  The "add web fonts" button is grayed out, and I can't click on it.  Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be adjusted first? 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

If you can use the font in any other program it should work in Animate. You should note that the order of fonts isn't simply alphabetical. If the font has an unusual name, typing the first few letters in the Character/Family field should find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web fonts only work with HTML5 Canvas documents. Is that what you have selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its an actionscript 3.0 document.  I had a feeling that might be the issue, but is there no way to add a font to a .FLA document?  I guess i'll have to copy and paste into flash from photoshop.  Any other workarounds?  I'm pretty far into my animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't import fonts into an AS3 FLA. You select the textfield and in Properties you use the Embed feature. In there you can pick and choose about what gets embedded. For example, if the textfield is only ever going to show numbers, you could type in 0123456789., into the Also include these characters field, and only those characters would get embedded, saving some file space. Or you could choose All, and be able to show any character that font is able to draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you can't use a web font, you can use any font that's installed on your computer. Is the font that you want to use available to download? If you can use the font in Photoshop you should be able to use it in Animate. Do you see the font in the list of available fonts in the text Properties window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agh, seems I was a bit confused.

but...

No, the font is saved to my PC but is not showing up in the 'properties' drop down with all the other fonts.  Do I need to save it to a particular folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can use the font in any other program it should work in Animate. You should note that the order of fonts isn't simply alphabetical. If the font has an unusual name, typing the first few letters in the Character/Family field should find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a stupid mistake.  I had the font downloaded but not installed to my PC.  Followed the rest of your steps and it worked.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have far fewer fonts showing up in Animate v21.0.3 than I do in MS Word or other apps on my Mac Mini M1, OS11.2. I want to use Century Gothic in Animate, and it's not in the list, and yes, I've tried typing the first few letters. Does it have to be a web font? What could be the issue here?

I see maybe half as many fonts in Animate than I do in MS Word, and I'd far rather have design versatility in Animate than in Word, ha. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find out where to add a font on Acrobat Pro, can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Colin answered above for Animate, if you install a font on your computer, it should show up in the fonts list for any application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why would you be asking an Acrobat question in the Animate forum? The Acrobat forum is over there--

Acrobat General Troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can anyone help to my problems with adobe animate cc2020. PrimaryLight-Bold. Please refer the screen shot. image(1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try your solution, Colin. But the font still won't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines