• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC 2019 Break Apart tool isn't working right

New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have this problem in Breaking apart a shape object imported from Photoshop.

I made a 2D cartoon in Photoshop and I used shape tool for it. I imported it to Animate CC to make a simple animation. But I can't apply a warp to the layer so I need to use break apart. When I press CTRL+B to break apart, the layer suddenly changed color. I don't know what to do/...Help me T.T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Hi mate,

It seems that there is some masking and what not in that file.

When you break it apart the file structure is destroyed. What you see is probably the mask in red, the colour of the shark is this blue colour card and so on.

Break apart is working just fine. It's your file from Photoshop that is not suitable for what you want to do with it.

What should you do?

Learn how to use Animate's tools and create your artwork in Animate.

Best

NT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

It seems that there is some masking and what not in that file.

When you break it apart the file structure is destroyed. What you see is probably the mask in red, the colour of the shark is this blue colour card and so on.

Break apart is working just fine. It's your file from Photoshop that is not suitable for what you want to do with it.

What should you do?

Learn how to use Animate's tools and create your artwork in Animate.

Best

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not appreciate the tone in this response and it doesn't really explain why Break Apart no longer functions in the same way that it used to. Telling someone "Learn how to use Animate's tools and create your work in Animate" is not a solution to the problem. It's a way of avoiding solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you appreciate it or not is entirely your own problem.

Break Apart does function the way it has always functioned, and all issues that the user faced when reporting this were due to multiple user errors, lack of knowledge and unrealistic expectations.

Whether Animate is 'smart enough' to handle unprepared for it Photoshop or Illustrator files is debatable, but a no-one coming here to tone police a perfectly valid reply and advice is just funny.

You should learn how to use Animate, mate!

And best: create all your artwork in the program 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not post the original question. I was, however, suggesting that your tone is off-putting and likely to alienate people who are trying to master this problem. It's awesome that you've been using Animate/Flash for more than two decades but most people have not been using it this long. (I've only been using it since '01, but only dig into it periodically when I'm using it for class or for a personal project.) I tried to put myself in the shoes of my students or other newcomers who are trying to find solutions and didn't think the post would be much help for newcomers.

Ended up in this thread because I'm trying to understand why break apart no longer functions the same way as it used to when dealing with type. This is the behavior I would expect based on my previous experiences with Adobe Animate, Adobe Flash, and Macromedia Flash:

• User uses the text tool to create text using some sort of decorative, non-standard typeface.
  • User uses break apart to break apart the type. The first time the user breaks apart the type, each individual letter is highlighted but the system is still viewing it as individual characters within that decorative font.
  • The second time the user breaks apart the type, the individual letters are turned into a rasterized/static graphic. Visually, everything looks the same, but the program no longer recognizes the characters as type. This means that the characters look the same even when the program is shared between different computers and operating systems that might not have the typeface installed.

This is what happens when I try to do this in Adobe Animate CC 2021:

• I create the type with a decorative typeface.
  • I use break apart once, and each letter is individually highlighted as a single character instance of that typeface. It's still recognized as type.
  • I use break apart a second time and -- for a brief second -- it appears that everything will work. All of the text is depicted as rasterized, graphic text and is no longer a typeface.
  • I click elsewhere on the page and the rasterized text disappears completely.

At first, I thought it was maybe changing the color of the type, so I tried to change the stage color but that didn't really make a difference.

I realize that this is just buried in a thread and I should start a new thread on this topic, but -- since you're clearly an expert on 'break apart,' I'll ask you about this rather than starting a new thread. If you're stumped, I'll ask again in a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce what you describe in AA 21.0.2.

Text breaks apart in two steps just as it always has.

If you think you have come across a bug, record a video documenting the bug and provide a file, with which it is always reproducible on multiple computers.

Start a new topic and post there.

As for your forum behaviour and what you were 'suggesting' - as I said coming out of nowhere to tone police is saying much more about you than anything else.

Good luck with your bug reportng!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Nick! I don't know. This exchange probably is telling about *both *of
us.

--
Aaron Delwiche
Professor
Department of Communication

*Phone:* (210) 999-8153
*Office: *Laurie 361
*Spring 2021 Schedule: *MWF 8:30 - 9:20 (COMM 2302. Media Texts), MWF 11:30
- 12:20 (COMM 3444. Mobile Gaming), T 6:00 - 8:00 (COMM 3444. Mobile
Gaming), TR 12:45 - 2:00 (COMM 4395. Capstone), M 1:30 - 2:30 (Honors
Thesis)
*Office Hours:* M 2:30 - 3:30; T 2:00 - 4:00; W 1:30 - 4:00; TH 2:00 - 4:00
*Recurring Meetings: *W 12:30 - 1:20 (COMM Dept), TH 10:00 - 11:00 (DX), FR
2:30 - 5:00 (Faculty Senate)
*Find Slots: http://bit.ly/delwicheofficehours
*or click here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines