Highlighted

Adobe Animate CC 2019 Break Apart tool isn't working right

New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have this problem in Breaking apart a shape object imported from Photoshop.

I made a 2D cartoon in Photoshop and I used shape tool for it. I imported it to Animate CC to make a simple animation. But I can't apply a warp to the layer so I need to use break apart. When I press CTRL+B to break apart, the layer suddenly changed color. I don't know what to do/...Help me T.T

Hi mate,

It seems that there is some masking and what not in that file.

When you break it apart the file structure is destroyed. What you see is probably the mask in red, the colour of the shark is this blue colour card and so on.

Break apart is working just fine. It's your file from Photoshop that is not suitable for what you want to do with it.

What should you do?

Learn how to use Animate's tools and create your artwork in Animate.

Best

NT

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Animate CC 2019 Break Apart tool isn't working right

New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have this problem in Breaking apart a shape object imported from Photoshop.

I made a 2D cartoon in Photoshop and I used shape tool for it. I imported it to Animate CC to make a simple animation. But I can't apply a warp to the layer so I need to use break apart. When I press CTRL+B to break apart, the layer suddenly changed color. I don't know what to do/...Help me T.T

Hi mate,

When you break it apart the file structure is destroyed. What you see is probably the mask in red, the colour of the shark is this blue colour card and so on.

Break apart is working just fine. It's your file from Photoshop that is not suitable for what you want to do with it.

What should you do?

Best

NT

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2019 0
Guide ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

What should you do?

Best

NT

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019 0