• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Last frame on a parented classic tween Jumps to position bug fix?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been a thorn in my production time always appear at the worst times to thwart my progress to remove this and every time I have no idea what I did to fix it
A basic summary of how I set it up in the first place each layer has its own Symbol which corresponds to a part  in this case in the entire rig does this In the video I show the arm which consists of a parent between the body to the Upper arm to the Lower arm a pretty basic parenting. However moving the position of any one of the parents or children causes the movement in-between of the key-frames to stray away to some direction and at the end of the key frame it plops back into place as if nothing happened. Selecting all the in-betweens and pressing F6 will fill it with keyframes which are now accurate but makes editing the easing a nightmare so if anyone knows of this bug or how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it !

P.S. Exporting the project in any format still shows this annoying jump

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

I've posted some suggestions about the nature of this 'peculiarity' in this topic

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2603605

Don't want to copy/paste them again here.

The problem varies in different versions of Flash/Animate. I believe it has to do with the maths of transformations and inaccuracies caused by rounding.

Hope that is of some help.

NT

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help,
I looked over the forum but most of the solutions did not help fix the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's very persistent.

One reason could be if your symbols were created too small and then scaled up a lot - then they lack resolution for the calculations.

Other reason as I said in that other topic can be if you're working inside a container and far away from centrer of that local coordinate system.

Check the registration point of said symbol - it shouldn't be too far from the transformation point. (Ideally it should be registered at the centre of the circular joint)

Small rotations over many frames have always been problematic as there aren't enough increments or the calculations are not precise enough.

Also sent you a PM.

Good luck with your work!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is not what you want to here. But I would clear my tween for that section and redo it. That should fix it. Sometimes it happens. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Free Transform tool.

In the 1st keyframe of the tween, click on the symbol and take note of where the center point (little white circle) is.
Click the last keyframe in the tween and select the symbol and take note of where the center point it.

Are they in the same position? I've only ever seen this issue when the center point is different between keyframes in the same tween span.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the worst part of this new bug; I have worked with Flash 8, Flash CS6, and now Animate CC. I have seen breaks similar to this caused by having more than one object in a layer, non-symbols on the layer, changes to the symbol or layer (like the pivot point), etc. With mine, I have tried removing the tween AND the offending keyframe, even going as far as going back to only 1 key frame on that layer, making sure there's nothing else there and re-doing the next keyframe/tween from scratch. Still breaks. Mind-blowing that this is still a thing 3 years later. Adobe Animate feels like abandon-ware with a subscription fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines