Highlighted

Adobe animate source file doesn't update in after effects

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on an animation in animate to which I further add effects in after effects. I'm dropping the animate source file in after effects which works fine. But if I go back and make changes in the animate file, it does not reflect in after effects. I have to delete the current animate file in Ae and then import the animate file again to see the modified file.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if animate files don't get updated in other adobe apps yet. 

Please let me know.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export, Missing feature, Other, Performance, Product issue, Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe animate source file doesn't update in after effects

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on an animation in animate to which I further add effects in after effects. I'm dropping the animate source file in after effects which works fine. But if I go back and make changes in the animate file, it does not reflect in after effects. I have to delete the current animate file in Ae and then import the animate file again to see the modified file.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if animate files don't get updated in other adobe apps yet. 

Please let me know.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export, Missing feature, Other, Performance, Product issue, Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, it is a one way trip. You can always create a sub-comp in Ae and replace the FLA as needed within. Not ideal but it is workable. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So right now the files are being imported as .swf files which show the 'reload footage' but nothing happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm doing the same thing right now and have this issue too. Note I'm still a rookie when it comes to Adobe Animate but have been working in AE for a while now and have no issues with static files like PNG/JPEGs automatically updating outside of the AE file.

I found SWF files worked better than FLA files to import into AE, where I'd perform the following:

FLA file > save as SWF > import it into AE, works fine.

Then when I go to make a change in the original FLA file:

Edit FLA file > save as SWF (replace? yes - to maintain link) > right-click on file in AE > reload footage, worked fine.

But then today ...

I introduced an opacity change to the alpha in my layers and keyframes in my FLA file. All looks fine in the SWF file when playing back the file in flash player but now I get a blank file in AE 😞

Saved as an MP4 in the end which works.

Would welcome any easier workarounds.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0