• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate wont install

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously had Adobe Animate installed on my external hard drive and it worked fine but it was too hard to keep plugging in as it requires it to be plugged into a power supply. So, i uninstalled all the adobe things on my creative cloud (Including Animate). Now im trying to reinstall it to my new external hard drive but it keeps saying "Unable to install on a network drive" so i tried to install it on my desktop and it says the same thing... How do i stop this from happening??? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Hi. Kglad. I deleted and reinstalled my windows 10 and i was able to put the application and it's folders on back on my external hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc programs won't install on external drives, network drives or the root folder of drives.

i don't know how you got animate to install on an external drive previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Kglad. I deleted and reinstalled my windows 10 and i was able to put the application and it's folders on back on my external hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you change the install location by using the cc desktop app file>preferences>apps>install location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it wasn't working? Yes. I tried to put it on my external hard drive it gave me the 176 error code. Then I changed the location to my desktop and it kept giving me the error. It wasn't until I went into my windows recovery settings > reset this pc. Then it worked once it reset my windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you previously installed on your external drive, did you use the cc desktop to change install location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, first time i used the Adobe CC desktop app to install it to my external hard drive. The second time I just downloaded Adobe Animate from the Adobe website once I logged in because I didn't want to download Adobe CC to my desktop if it wasn't going to work. Idk if that made the difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the 2nd time after downloading animate when you started the install, were you given an option to select where you wanted to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. After downloading Adobe Animate to my external hard drive, I went into the Animate folder, found the Animate application and it opened the app. It didn't ask me anything, other than if I was new to Animate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you downloaded, didn't you download an installation file (ie, an .exe)?

if so, did you rename to a rar and then extract or did you do something else?

p.s. the reasons i'm asking all these questions is that a lot of people would like to do what you did, i don't know how you did that, and, in fact, i didn't think it was possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind the questions... no. It's a .exe. If it's easier, I can jump on my laptop now and screenshot things for you and show you the steps I took. I'm happy to help anyone who wants to do this because it saves so much space on my laptops hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no urgency, but yes i would like to learn how you were able to use animate without installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i decided to take some sceenshots of the steps i took along with this...

1- I reset this PC, i chose to keep all my file.

2- When it was finished i went to the Adobe webiste and logged in.

3- (Sorry for the confusion but i think before i downloaded the Adobe CC Desktop App because i have no idea how to change the download location on the website) then as the picture shows i selected E:New Folder when in the Adobe CC desktop app, which later it will show is my external hard drive then downloaded Adobe Animate from there. I rememeber the first time i downloaded all the Adobe Apps and some of them cant be put on external hard drive (for example the Adobe CC app, Lightroom Classic, the other Lightroom and theres one more but i cant think of it right now.)

4- Went to my external hard drive (Mine is named "School") 

5- Not pictured but i found the "New Folder" i set as the download location

6- When i found it, i clicked on it. It opens up all these folders and files associated with Animate. I sorted by type and Applications sort to the top after the folders. 

7- Click and enjoy 

I hope this helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

none of your attachments are helpful (click to see the problem), but thank you for trying.  for future reference,

kglad_0-1617205150061.png

but bottom line is, you used the cc desktop app to change the install location to your external hard drive.  that worked for animate but failed for some other apps, correct?

did you succeed in installing any other (than animate) cc programs on your external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines