• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe "Animate" CS6 (Photoshop Fun)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know how Flash Professional is now Animate? Well, I decided to poke fun at its former icon (the CS6 version of Flash) and use Adobe Photoshop to make an icon for "Adobe Animate CS6."

adobeanimatecs6

(I erased the "Fl" part and replaced it with "An", 'cause that's what Animate's icon looks like.)

This is a discussion about Adobe Animate, it's not necessarily a support question.

Update #1: I may need to close this topic. Someone argued that I can't get Flash CS6 anymore, and that Adobe can't rename a product they don't sell. Neither of those things are true, but I don't really care.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've created... the current Animate logo, but with a slightly red background.

Okay then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of the Animate logo, I personally hope someone uses this for in case they want to change Flash CS6's name to Animate CS6. That way, they don't have to use Photoshop themselves to make it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Adobe retroactively change the name of a product that they haven't sold for years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid confusion with the web plugin that's being phased out, of course!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confusion by who? I'm pretty sure anyone still authoring content with a tool that was discontinued almost a decade ago is smart enough to know the difference between Flash Professional CS6 and Shockwave Flash Player.

And if by some incomprehensible act of caprice Adobe did decide to rename it, how would that even work? They don't sell it anymore. It is no longer available by any official channels. You can't get it in a box. You can't download it. Nada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I said someone. Who would name their kid "Adobe?" Unless it's after the company, which I would understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody but Adobe has the legal right to rename Flash CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone can purchase the rights!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For someone to purchase the rights, Adobe would have to be willing to sell the rights, which they most certainly would not. Adobe would see no advantage to basically creating a competitor to one of their own current products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines