I am having problems with Animate CC rendering video with white objects turning grey and having dark borders when video is rendered with alpha channel. Even if the stage is white, it renders the top layer as if there is a black stage underneath. This was never a problem in CS6, but it seems to be a permanent bug in CC. Has anyone found a workaround for this?
Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you provide step by step instructions on how to reproduce this issue so that I can share it with the Animate support team for their investigation?
1. In a new FLA, white stage, make a green circle.
2. File/Export/Export Video, uncheck Media Encoder, uncheck make alpha, export to last frame.
3. Open the single frame MOV in Photoshop. Note how lovely the antialiasing is between the green and the white.
4. File/Export/Export Video, check the box to generate alpha channel.
5. Open the MOV in Photoshop. Notice how the edges of the green have a grayness to them. It shouldn't, it should have alpha transparency to whatever is behind it.
In other words, Animate is premultiplying against black, when it shouldn't do. This image shows the results from Animate on the left, and what it should look like on the right:
Thankyou Colin, Yes, that exactly explains the issue, and it seems to be a glitch with the Animate that didnt exist when it was Flash.
Preran, is this an issue that will be dealt with in a future update of Animate CC? It is quite a fundamental flaw in the program and renders it all but useless for making animated video content with alpha channels now.
Colin: Thank you for clarifying the issue.
Tim: Let me check with the team if they have a bug logged for this issue. I will get back as soon as I have some info.
Fantastic, thankyou. Fingers crossed they can get it fixed...
The team confirmed that they have logged a bug for it and will be fixed in a future update. Stay tuned.
Hi there! I've been having the same problem, even in the latest version, Animate CC 2020. Has this issue not been addressed, or are there any workarounds available?
"will be fixed in a future update" -> Adobe said this 3 years ago! In Animate 2020 this issue still persists, in other words Animate is premultiplying against black. Please fix. Thanks.