Highlighted

ALT+SCROLL for Zoom, CTRL+SCROLL for Pan Horizontal?

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator all use the mouse wheel as described in the title, but Animate has everything backwards. Control + Mouse Wheel zooms, and Shift + Mouse Wheel does the horizontal panning! Is there a way to make it conform to the standard paradigm?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ALT+SCROLL for Zoom, CTRL+SCROLL for Pan Horizontal?

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator all use the mouse wheel as described in the title, but Animate has everything backwards. Control + Mouse Wheel zooms, and Shift + Mouse Wheel does the horizontal panning! Is there a way to make it conform to the standard paradigm?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2019 0
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that you can modify this behaviour.

To navigate, I've gotten into the habit of using Ctrl+Spacebar+drag to zoom in and Ctril+A to zoom out; Spacebar to drag the view around; Ctrl+1 for 100%. This covers all my needs.

But I understand that it can be frustrating when you switch between applications, because of muscle memory.

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2019 0