• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC 18 & 19 & 20 are all lagging on playback of the timeline

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate CC 18 & 19 & 20 are all lagging on playback of the timeline even with very simple animations (such a vector rectangle).

It is also taking a very long time to copy and paste frames from one file to another and to open large files.(have been using flash for 10 years and never had these problems.)

I am using a 2017 iMac 27 inch and all other software is running smoothly on it.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

TOPICS
Performance , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Thanks for all the replies. I found the only solution was to go back to Flash 2015 version. It runs smoothly without the playback issues or any lagging. Adobe really needs to solve these issues with the new releases. We are using it in an animation studio and it makes animating almost impossible with these issues. It seems to have been under control in 2015 and earlier so why update it with new features if it cannot even manage simple animation tasks once they have been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to fix it, but I'll tell you I have the same problem. Using a brand new top of the line macbook pro with 64GB of RAM, adobe animate 2020, and I've resigned myself to the fact that my project just doesn't play back at speed. Ever.  Makes lip sync nearly impossible. In fact it makes animating nearly impossible, which is why I've also resigned myself to the fact that I'm buying Toon Boom as soon as I finish this project, since almost any price is worth it if I don't have to deal with all the headache adobe animate 2020 has given me over the past three weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a mac, go to the animate app in your applications, right-click the app and choose "get info" then click on open in low resolution. That should do the trick. I don't know how to do it for windows. Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.56.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, This definitely helps with the playback (it's still not perfect, but it is now sometimes playing back at speed), but now my image is low resolution. And it's not like I can toggle back and forth between resolutions, I have to restart the program and uncheck that box. I feel like I shouldn't have to do this when I just spent $4,000 on a new computer with maxed out ram so my programs will run smoothly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not your hardware. It's Animate CC. Other animation apps have accelerated playback (through good optimized coding and/or GPU support), but Animate CC has terrible animation playback, and as you experienced now, retina screen resolutions pose a real problem to it. And its problems certainly do not stop there.

I've long given up on it. As others will tell you: CS6 was the last good version. Sad, but true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the replies. I found the only solution was to go back to Flash 2015 version. It runs smoothly without the playback issues or any lagging. Adobe really needs to solve these issues with the new releases. We are using it in an animation studio and it makes animating almost impossible with these issues. It seems to have been under control in 2015 and earlier so why update it with new features if it cannot even manage simple animation tasks once they have been released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines