Highlighted

Animate CC hardware acceleration & performance

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Animate CC for animation and interactive applications and will upgrade my workstation. I struggle to find info on optimum hardware. I am not interested in general info, instead I am trying to find specific info on Animate CC. So, for example, articles with benchmarks for After Effects are considered irrelevant. Moreover, I am really interested in studying benchmarks, which I cannot find, in order to evaluate the performance in specific actions of the platform. So, for example, I am interested in being able to move clusters of frames including tweens on the timeline and having the resulting timeline appear instantly, if possible. I also want the preview to work flawlessly even on complex animations, so I do not have the need to export video, and hence loose time, just so I can get a good feeling of the real feel and flow of the animation etc. Benchmarks are also needed so I can evaluate the price/performance ratio of my options, so I do not end up investing a lot of money on tiny gains.

My basic questions are:

1. 1.       How does AMD Ryzen 2 series fair to current Intel Core i5/7, considering all available optimizations?
  2. 2.       Is the graphics card accelerating Animate CC and if so, on which processes of the platform?
  3. 3.       If the answer to 2 is yes, which graphics card models are considered adequate to accelerate Animate CC (are consumer models accelerating or pro models are needed?) and is there significant performance difference between AMD and nVidia models?
TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animate CC hardware acceleration & performance

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Animate CC for animation and interactive applications and will upgrade my workstation. I struggle to find info on optimum hardware. I am not interested in general info, instead I am trying to find specific info on Animate CC. So, for example, articles with benchmarks for After Effects are considered irrelevant. Moreover, I am really interested in studying benchmarks, which I cannot find, in order to evaluate the performance in specific actions of the platform. So, for example, I am interested in being able to move clusters of frames including tweens on the timeline and having the resulting timeline appear instantly, if possible. I also want the preview to work flawlessly even on complex animations, so I do not have the need to export video, and hence loose time, just so I can get a good feeling of the real feel and flow of the animation etc. Benchmarks are also needed so I can evaluate the price/performance ratio of my options, so I do not end up investing a lot of money on tiny gains.

My basic questions are:

1. 1.       How does AMD Ryzen 2 series fair to current Intel Core i5/7, considering all available optimizations?
  2. 2.       Is the graphics card accelerating Animate CC and if so, on which processes of the platform?
  3. 3.       If the answer to 2 is yes, which graphics card models are considered adequate to accelerate Animate CC (are consumer models accelerating or pro models are needed?) and is there significant performance difference between AMD and nVidia models?
TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Adobe Animate CC system requirements  to run animate.

From here the more powerful the computer the faster and better results you will see.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer.

However, I have already read it and does not really cover any of my questions above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 2
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering this is the official Adobe forums, I find it disappointing having my question marked as “assumed answered”. I appreciate the response time to answer by nickg28, but I did not get a real answer to my questions. I can understand that Adobe might be unwilling to provide info on performance between AMD/Intel or nVidia/AMD but I find it unacceptable that I do not get an answer on such a basic question as whether GPU acceleration occurs in Animate CC and hence if investing on a graphics card will improve performace.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2018 2
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team. Will get back as soon as I have a response.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more info on this?

In response to Pagios comment about: "Adobe might be unwilling to provide info on performance between AMD/Intel or nVidia/AMD..." I think they actually should. After Effects, Premiere and AME all get a performance boost when using an nVidia Graphics card that utilise the CUDA architecture.

As a motion graphics artist and animator I use animate CC all the time and would love to find a the best hardware specs for it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find any relevant info please post it here because it doesn’t seem like “the team” is interested in providing any!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Team" did not reply because Adobe animate is not using GPU at all, it uses CPU, and there is no option to turn the GPU on....

I just found this out today, when i imported 8,000 frames and it took ages....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019 0