• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate crashes when I launch it

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded adobe animate from the creative cloud and used it my first day with no issues. When I came back the next day, however, animate crashed on launch. Every time I try to open it, the startup window shows up and as soon as it says "building workspace", a crash report shows up and the program closes. I also have Photoshop and Dream weaver downloaded and they both still work fine. I have attempted the following to fix this:

1. uninstalling and reinstalling animate

2. uninstalling and reinstalling adobe creative cloud

3. signing out and back into my adobe account

4. restarting my computer

5. updating windows 10( I should have mentioned this earlier but I am using windows 10)

6. turning off the firewall and antivirus

7. Updating my drivers( I know this is more for gaming but I thought it would be worth trying)

I saw that an issue like this happened in 2018 involving the number of fonts on your computer could crash Animate but Adobe claimed to have fixed this and I have the latest version of animate. In addition, people have recommended removing my preferences. I have uninstalled and reinstalled animate 6 times now and have said "don't keep preferences" every time I've uninstalled. In addition, I tried deleting a folder that supposedly kept my preferences but that didn't work either.

Is there any way I can fix this issue?

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you are updating to Adobe Animate 20.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines