Is Animate suitable for game development? If so what scripting language is recommended? I've been charged with converting Flash games - a matching game, quiz game and a drag and drop frame - to HTML and I don't know where to start? Any hints?
Where to start? Follow this game-creating tutorial.
To enable most (but not all) Flash-like capabilities, the CreateJS suite is made available in the Animate IDE.
Thanks. Is there documentation on using Animate with CreateJS?
Not that I'm aware of -- most of what I've done has been the result of searching forums and finding answers that way. But, the tutorial above will be a good start.
Just wanna to add that besides using HTML5 it's still possible to create games and apps for Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS coding in AS3 and targeting the Adobe/Harman AIR runtime.
And adding to the HTML5 suggestions:
- The official help has lot of articles, tutorials, and examples: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/animate.html;
- Animate CC also ships with great learning content. Just go to the start screen and select the LEARN option in the top-left corner of the screen;
- LinkedIn Learning has some great video courses (special mention to Joseph Labrecque): https://www.linkedin.com/learning/;
- Pluralsight also have some great video courses: https://www.pluralsight.com/;
- General tips and tricks in the comment that starts with "Excellent!";
- Official demos developed by the CreateJS team: https://github.com/CreateJS/AdobeAnimateDemo;
- Official Flappy Bird clone tutorial: https://theblog.adobe.com/building-a-html5-flappy-bird-game-clone-with-adobe-animate-cc/ ;
- Martin Melendez's YouTube channel;
- My repo on GitHub that contains the source codes and files of some games and other stuff;
- I also have a YouTube channel that you may find useful.
I hope these help.