• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated SVG

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to produce really simple animated svgs for websites.

Snap.svg has been "retracted by the Partner" on the Adobe Extensions site and there are broken links (& tutorials depending on it) all over the web.

The GitHub pages seem confused.

I tried tyburn's svg animation plugin but it failed to export a moving svg, whatever settings I used.

My question is this:

What is the best free (or Adobe) WYSIWYG svg animation editor that you've personal experience of using, available in 2019?

Thanks

PS- I'm obviously getting frustrated that, what I believe should be a simple task catered for by either AI or An, or both, should be missing from those apps!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

I assume you have a CC sub, so an alternative would be to switch to After Effects, and use LOTTIE instead:

Introduction · Lottie

Here's a good intro tutorial:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate and illustrator can work with SVG but they are not free. Sorry I couldn't be a better help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway nickg28

Looks like, with snap.svg in dev hell there's no easy 2019 way do simple svg animation in Adobe apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have a CC sub, so an alternative would be to switch to After Effects, and use LOTTIE instead:

Introduction · Lottie

Here's a good intro tutorial:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marking Correct as I can't find a better way in 2019 to do this.

AE is a bit of a full-on complex solution for this task but it's a great tutorial and I thank you

There's clearly a gap in the market here that should, to my mind, be filled by native functionality in both AI and An.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines