• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AS3 script needed to open FLV, but with a catch

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this project where two buttons are set up to control an FLV playback component. They don't play until you click on the buttons. But I would like the first video to start playing upon the opening the site. I've got it to load, but it won't shut off when the buttons are clicked. Below is the button code. Below that the code to start the FLV (but does not shut off when clicking on buttons)

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

onRelease is as2-syntax.
This code seems to work properly:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for replying. I guess I did combine AS2 + 3. I tried your code but it loaded the initial video into a different place other than the where the FLV playback component resides, which is in a mask. It put it up in the top left. I guess adding an x/y coordinate could place it better, but it needs to be in the same component as the others. Was also bigger than the others because not in the component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK so I changed my code to AS3, just had the video component parameter set to "autoplay", and it worked. Since the FLVs all use the same component, when jumping frames it removes the previous flv file. I do like the meta code you provided and will try to apply to my code below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines