• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the position of the transform point location on an object that is on a layer within a movie clip symbol?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change the transform point of several layers that I have within a movie clip symbol. I can move the transform point using the transform tool, but when I click away from that layer and then click back to it again the transformation point has popped back to the center of the object. I haven't tried doing any animations yet because I wanted to set the transform points first. For example on the arm layer of my character I wan to the transform point to be at the shoulder portion of the arm, not in the center. Out on the main stage I can move the transform points of objects around and they stay where I left them when I click away and then go back. Is it just not possible to do this with layers that are already in a movie clip symbol? If so, what should I do? Should I start all over and import the layers to the stage, make the transformation point changes on the stage and then turn them into a movie clip symbol?

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

If the "object" in question is a shape or a group selection, not a graphic, button, movieclip, textfield, or group, then yes, any change to its transform point will be temporary. Otherwise the change should stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transform point... of a layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, of the object. Each object is on its own layer. I don't think that layers have transform points. I could be wrong about that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the "object" in question is a shape or a group selection, not a graphic, button, movieclip, textfield, or group, then yes, any change to its transform point will be temporary. Otherwise the change should stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you are correct. So, do you have a recommendation as to what I should do from here? If it helps the objects are the imported layers of an Illustrator artboard. Should I change the imported Illustrator layers into graphic symbols or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old video with flash but it works the same in Animate.

Pivot Point Position - Adobe Flash Tips - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines