• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Hear Audio in Animate CC

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so as you see from the title above I'm having tons of issues with audio. At first I was not able to import audio into the library. While I did solve that, now I cannot HEAR the audio when I drag along the timeline OR just hit the play button. I feel like there's some really easy solution to this, but I wouldn't have any idea as to what it is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

If you want to scrub the timeline and hear sound, or if you want to play the sound from somewhere other than the start, you would need to be using an Actions Script 3 FLA, and have the Properties sync option for the sound be set to Stream.

HTML5 Canvas only does Event sync. If you have to make your animation work in HTML5 in the end, first work on the animation as AS3, so you can use Stream sync, then when you're happy with the timing you can use the Commands menu to Convert to Other Document For

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to scrub the timeline and hear sound, or if you want to play the sound from somewhere other than the start, you would need to be using an Actions Script 3 FLA, and have the Properties sync option for the sound be set to Stream.

HTML5 Canvas only does Event sync. If you have to make your animation work in HTML5 in the end, first work on the animation as AS3, so you can use Stream sync, then when you're happy with the timing you can use the Commands menu to Convert to Other Document Formats, to make an HTML5 Canvas version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check a few other strings I see in related conversations, but I'm here reading this one from last year so I'll ask here as well: what if it is set to AS3 and Stream but you still don't hear audio when scrubbing through as I've seen some demos on Youtube doing successfully? (I DO hear audio when I hit enter or press the play button though; being able to hear while scrubbin through would greatly assist me in moidying the lip synch process however!). Thank you for any added assistance. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to post this original comment in the string following (where I posted the actual fix working by Keyframer - my badio): https://community.adobe.com/t5/Animate/CAN-T-HEAR-AUDIO-IN-ANIMATE-CC/td-p/9988627

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, currently using Actions Script 3 and this does not work, I chose Action Script 3 and this still wouldn't work, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that. Though I have a slightly different process.

1. Add sound to a layer in the HTML version

2. Make a back up

3. Create a new version by converting to Actionscript 3.0

4. In the AS3 version, select the first fram of the sound layer to 'streaming' in its properties

5. Go to the sound layer (AS3) and copy the layer

5. Go back to your HTML version

6. Delete the 'event only' sound layer.

7. Paste the 'streaming' sound layer.

Then you should be able to scrub the sound.

This avoids dealing with any commenting out of code from the AS3 version.

It's good for the authoring environment though I cannot get ot to play when published.

To do that I use Javascript.

Hope this helps at least for getting sound while authoring.

Cheers,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have a different work flow.

import a sound into a html5/convas time and assign the sound's sync property to sync.

ie, no work-around needed.

p.s. user interaction is requred to hear sound in browser displayed files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's extremely impractical and information that would should be on a need to know basis before selecting a project type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which was the part that is extremely impractical?

For anyone else who chances across this 8 month old post, it's worth noting that the convert option is now on the File menu (File/Convert To...), and not in the Commands menu in the later versions of Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm not sure he understands what "need to know basis" means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just did this on my html project, and it worked beautifully.  Make a copy of your work so far (back it up), then convert it to AS3.  When I converted the AS3 back to HTML Canvas, it commented out my action script that stopped at a certain frame, and waited for user input (cicking a button to continue).  I simply uncommented that Action Script, and now the sound and user control work fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this information but Im having trouble findingwhere to change the properties sync option for the sound be set to Stream. I am using a Macbook. Do you know where I could go to change these on the app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this answer, it worked! 

Some notes for implementing this answer:

You need to click on the frame with the audio on in order for the window with changing the Sync to Stream option to become available to you. The properties Sync option can be found in Window - Properties - Frame. 

Thanks again man, lots of love ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, too! I was having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using AS3, doesn't work. Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey im having a similar problem my audio is a mp3 and its in stream but when i import it then edit my animation the audio cuts off (the audio i have is less then the amount of frames i have for it) and its pretty frustrateing cause the only solution i found for it is just to creaye a new layer and import the sudio again so its up to date please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the problem?  the audio stops in the ide (authoring environment) when you scrub/play the timeline containing the audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, its compleately fine when i first import the audio but then if i add more frames anywhere but the end of the animation, it stops aprutly where it was last played and dosent continue the rest of the song

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're adding non-keyframes to a layer that contains non sound and that causes a problem in the layer with sound?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya ecept ir dosent matter if it s a key frame or not just adding frames near the middle of the animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla (to a file share service) with all the assets needed to demonstrate the problem.  ie, it has sound that works without problem until a frame is added to any layer prior to the end of the timeline.  post  a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt do that but i did record it and put it on youtube here you go, if you need something with a better canera or just clearer i can do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't help. 

so again, upload your fla (to a file share service) with all the assets needed to demonstrate the problem.  ie, it has sound that works without problem until a frame is added to any layer prior to the end of the timeline.  post  a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines