• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't set brush filling on transparent // Drawings get suddenly filled black (and Undo not possible)

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm a total beginner to Animate and so it's possible that im just doing a beginner's fault as I'm used to work with Illstrator and Photoshop. However, I am totally helpless in finding out, what I'm doing wrong, so I would be super grateful, if someone can help me out.

I want to simply draw an old man's face with the fluid brush in black ink (picture 1) according to a drawing I previously made in Illustrator. The problem is: When I finish the man's face (picture 2), it suddenly gets filled completely in black (picture 3). If I try to undo it, all the strokes get deleted (picture 4) and so my whole work is basically lost. I've tried to set the brush filling to transparent, but it automatically changes back to black colour. If you have any idea how to fix this issue, I would be very very grateful for everything that helps. Thanks!

Kind regarda

Alina 

TOPICS
How to , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad_0-1612905159568.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alina,

My guess is that the vector art gets too many points and 'too complicated' and because of that you get some kind of vector shape corruption.

My suggestion is to turn Object Drawing ON. This will keep each brush stroke as a separate object and such potentially problematic stroke interactions will not happen.

Later when you finish your drawing, you may want to Break Apart everything, if you need to fill with colour using the Paint Bucket. This may lead to similar problems, but at least you will have your file saved and will be able to break apart in sections to identify the problem area and try to clean some unnecessary points to avoid shape corruption.

As an alternative, you can color your image on a separate layer and keep the outlines as individual brush strokes.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines