• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click tag creation/code issues

Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with finding ways to create and use a click tag in animate? Ive tried some different examples, but I get no results.

What I have been trying is creating a button symbol, naming/indenfing it as clickTag, and changed the active frame to hit

*Ive published at this point thinking i would get a mouse button pointer/finger, but it stays as a pointer

I did add some sample code on the main timeline of the button, to see if that would help

var clickTag = "www.google.com";

window.open(window.clickTag);

but no luck, Im trying to figure out whats not working, or is this the wrong approach (trying to keep it simple)

Can anybody help

*these are going into Double-click if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

In the head of your HTML file, add:

<script>var clickTag = "http://www.google.com";</script>

To set up the window opening functionality, you can either add onclick="javascript:window.open(window.clickTag)" to your canvas tag in the HTML, or you can create a button within Animate, give it an instance name, and add this to the actions:

this.myBtn.on("click", function(){

window.open(clickTag, "_blank");

});

If you add a button symbol in Animate, you will automatically get the pointer finger when you mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you no longer need to make clickTags within Animate, all url/clickTags can be coded in html5 with the final exit URL being determined witrh Doubleclick Studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also check out the Animate Ad Dev section of the forums here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the head of your HTML file, add:

<script>var clickTag = "http://www.google.com";</script>

To set up the window opening functionality, you can either add onclick="javascript:window.open(window.clickTag)" to your canvas tag in the HTML, or you can create a button within Animate, give it an instance name, and add this to the actions:

this.myBtn.on("click", function(){

window.open(clickTag, "_blank");

});

If you add a button symbol in Animate, you will automatically get the pointer finger when you mouse over the hit area, but you can also add cursor:pointer to the CSS in your HTML file without a button symbol to get the same effect.

For DCM and Adwords, you also need to include the Ad Size meta tag.  You can review all of the requirements for DCM HTML5 banners here: How to prepare HTML5 assets for DCM - DoubleClick Digital Marketing Partners Help

Also, for Animate, you can create easily reusable templates so you don't have to retype the same code in every banner: Using Animate CC HTML5 Canvas Templates with Multiple Publish Profiles | Creative Cloud blog by Adob...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been looking for a single source for everything one has to do (or should do) to prep an Adobe Animate file for HTML5 for DoubleClick. I made Flash ads in the olden days, so this is mostly for people familiar with Flash ads.

In Flash, you use transparent buttons over the ad and link to the destination URL. HTML5 ads don't use transparent buttons, or at least that's not the way I've gotten them working.

I made this very messy PDF as a guide for creating HTML5 ads in Flash...er...Adobe Animate CC 2018. Someday, I hope to clean it up. 😕

http://bolesky.com/forum-posts/doubleclick-and-adobe-animate-cc.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines