Expanding Rounded Rectangle

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm posting on behalf of my programmer so please excuse me if I don't use the correct terms.

Using animate, we're looking to see how we can create pop ups on a screen that are Rounded Corner Rectangles but need them to be flexible.  What I mean is that the Pop ups will have text in them for people to read and occasionally the text will need to be changed.  This means that the Height of the Rectangle will have to automatically change to suit how much text is in the Pop up, the Rectangle cannot have a 'fixed' height.   Any advice on how to do this would be most welcome.

Cheers, Graham

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create 2 movieclips: the bottom two corners (one movieclip) and the center rectangle (with transform/reg point at the top).  also create the top two corners (which won't change) and the multiline dynamic textfield.

the textfield will autosize to display the text and you can use its getMeasuredHeight() to place the two bottom corners and the height of the center rectangle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BIG thanks, I will get them to do this - I really appreciate your feedback 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines