• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS 6 Crashing while creating workspace

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi since yesterday night my Flash CS 6 crashes while initialing. I already reloaded the Flash Folders and tried another admin profile.

But still Flash crashes.

flash2.png

I have Windows 10 64 Bit.

Every other program of the CS workes still fine.

Have anyone an idea what could help?

I really need this program today 😕 I can't use Animate though, because I need Actionscript 2...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

There is a cleaner tool that can delete other files that may be causing problems:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If you carefully use that to just remove the Flash Pro CS6 files, then you would have a clean starting point to trying installing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -

remove

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2017\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I already did that, but it didn't work.

Still crashes while initialise the work space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what flash version is crashing?

why is there conflicting info about the version?

what version's preferences did you reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset:

Flash CC

Flash CS6 - but for this one no new files are loaded!

and

Animate CC 2017

It is in the Animate CC Forum since I didn't found any for CS 6.

I know Flash CS6 is old but since Animate doesn't support Actionscript 2 anymore I have unfortunately no other choice....

The program which is not working is Flash CS6 like I said in the header and my text.-

And it crashes while its loading the work space. Like you can see in the picture of the first post. That is the last thing I saw, then Flash CS 6 Shut down and is not active anymore, even in the task manage is no active process of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did all the steps that are described at the website.

Deleting

• C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Adobe/Flash CS6/
  • C:/Windows/system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashAuthor.cfg

Deleting the Key in the registry

• CS6: In Registry Editor, right-click the My Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/Flash12 registry key and delete it.

And try to start it with: start the application while holding Ctrl+Alt+Shift to delete and reset the preferences to the default.

I get asked if I want to allow flash to change things at the systems. I allow it but it shuts down immidiatly. When I hold the keys longer it wont open at all.

As well no new CS 6 Folder is created at C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Adobe/

I removed the old one and renamed it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a cleaner tool that can delete other files that may be causing problems:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If you carefully use that to just remove the Flash Pro CS6 files, then you would have a clean starting point to trying installing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much

That helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines