• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash SLOW in chrome and fast in other browsers???

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this possible. The sfw goes like lightening in explorar (yes) and in firefox and like a tortoise in chrome. Do I need to download a plugin for chrome or is there a problem with flash and chrome. It's important as I am about to release an important program in schools.

Cheers guys as always.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check if there are different versions of the flash player installed on the different browsers. Chrome bundles its own flash plug-in into itself and updates automagically, so it is likely on 10.2 or something. The others are likely some slightly earlier version.

Does this project involve video? There were some changes in 10.2 that should make video go faster, but I've heard that in some cases it is messing things up.

Find out the versions and we can go from there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there's no video. And if I can remember it wasn't slow a few weeks back - when did 10.

2 come out - I can't believe that I will be telling people to use explorer - this doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was release on February 9 or thereabouts. Here is info about it http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/890/cpsid_89050.html

On Chrome you can type about:plugins into the address bar and see which version it is. It might be the problem. Usually bad problems between different browsers are caused by having different versions of the plug-in installed. So I don't know for sure it is causing your problem, just that is a likely place to start looking.

Often it also happens that the "bug" is actually the other way around. That is to say the person who coded the swf actually did something that should break on all machines, but due to luckiness it doesn't on some!

In other words, without knowing all the details it is impossible to tell you what you could do to fix it or where exactly you should look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me (only in Google Chrome browser):

1) In your Google Chrome browser, type into the address bar: "about:plugins" (without quotation marks) and press Enter;

2) On the very top, your should see "Flash (2 files)" (sometimes it says 3 and even more files)(if yours say only "(1 file)" - this method is NOT for you);

3) Click "Details" at the upper-right corner of the page;

4) Hit on "Disable" next to all of the OLDER versions of "Shockwave Flash", leaving ONLY the latest version of "Shockwave Flash" ENABLED !!! (if all of the versions seem to be the same, disable all of the versions closer to the top, leaving only ONE enables at the very bottom of the list - you have to leave at least one enabled, or your FlashPlayer will stop working all along!!!)

5) Check-mark the whole "Flash" group with "Always allow" and close "Plug-ins" tab in your Google Chrome browser.

6) Completely close (X out) your Google Chrome browser.

7) Re-open your Google Chrome browser again.

8) Go to "www.youtube.com" and open any video, then switch into full-screen mode to see if the video plays fine (without frame-by-frame playback))

9) Good luck!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines