• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Float a webpage over a HTML5 canvas

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I've been searching the forums for this and getting a bit stuck.

So my issue is, I have a HTML5 project that is being displayed on an iPad - As part of the project, I need the user to be able to click a button that opens reference material that is on a website. Because of some issues with how this gets displayed on the iPad, I cannot open a new window, more accurately, when I do, I have no way to close that page to get back to my project.

I wish there were some renderer that would interpret the HTML page inside a movieClip - but I haven't found one.

Best I can tell I need to float an iFrame over my canvas document. I'm just getting stuck on the how. How, from Animate, do I create the iFrame and control its visibility from Animate?

Thank You in advance!

-sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an example (uses jquery);  Note the canvas background-color is set to 'transparent'.

HTML

<body onload="init();" style="margin:0px;">

<div style="position: relative;">

<div id="framer2D" style="position: absolute; float: left; line-height: 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px">

<iframe src='http://MissingSocksCo.com' id="iframe2D" width='0' height='0' frameborder='0' style="float: left"></iframe>

</div>

<div id="animation_container" style="position: absolute; background-color:transparent; width:2000px; height:1520px">

<canvas id="canvas" width="2000" height="1520" style="position: absolute; display: block;           background- color:transparent;">          </canvas>

<div id="dom_overlay_container" style="pointer-events:none; overflow:hidden; width:2000px; height:1520px; position: absolute;           left: 0px; top: 0px; display: block;">

</div>

</div>

</div>

</body>

Javascript

window.addEventListener('resize', resizeCanvas2);

function resizeCanvas2() {

$("#iframe2D").css('width', $(window).width()*.5 + 'px');

$("#iframe2D").css('height', $(window).width()*.5 + 'px');

$("#framer2D").css('transform', "translate(" +  $(window).width()*.25 + "px, " + $(window).width()*.25 + "px)");

$("#framer2D").css('width', $(window).width()*.5 + 'px');

$("#framer2D").css('height', $(window).width()*.5 + 'px');

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing - I'm missing something - where in the HTML document do I insert the HTML?

Context - I have created a simple animate project with a couple boxes drawn on the stage - I put the javascript on frame 1 - and published - I then opened the .html file up and pasted it under the top <html> section -

I am getting a

Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined

at resizeCanvas2

Thank you,

sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds as if you may need to do some Googling.

The HTML code goes towards the bottem in the '<body>'.

'$' indicates the jquery I referred to, you can use document.getElementById

or

document.querySelector("iframe").setAttribute('width', '100 px');

The width depends on your stage size and how you sized the page in the publish settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TvDirector  wrote

How, from Animate, do I create the iFrame and control its visibility from Animate?

Exactly the same way you'd create it if you weren't using Animate. The scripting language in Animate Canvas documents is bare-metal JavaScript, so by definition anything you can do in JavaScript, you can do in a Canvas document. And you certainly don't need to bloat your project with the jQuery library to accomplish such a basic task as creating an iframe.

javascript - Creating an iframe with given HTML dynamically - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines