Highlighted

fluid brush tool is grayed out!!!!!!!!!

Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When going to the Fluid Brush Tool via the 3 dots to add it to a panel there's a caution sign for some reason. When I move it to the panel it is grayed out so I can't select it! How can I enable this tool? I've been watching tutorials on animate and there's ALWAYS something that just doesn't work as demonstrated. There's nothing online on this tool explaining why this is happening from what i can find. You're truly, very frustrated. 

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

fluid brush tool is grayed out!!!!!!!!!

Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When going to the Fluid Brush Tool via the 3 dots to add it to a panel there's a caution sign for some reason. When I move it to the panel it is grayed out so I can't select it! How can I enable this tool? I've been watching tutorials on animate and there's ALWAYS something that just doesn't work as demonstrated. There's nothing online on this tool explaining why this is happening from what i can find. You're truly, very frustrated. 

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are specific requirements for the Fluid Brush to work: 

Hardware requirements
Since this is a GPU based brush, there is a minimum hardware requirement for it to work.

Windows: DirectX 12 compliant GPU (with feature level 12_0 support)

Mac: Metal compliant GPU.

The brush appears as disabled when it is not available for your device.

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/fluid-brushes.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so my $1,300 2080 ti video card isn't good enough? Or is it the 64 gigs of 3600 mhz ram? This is crazy, there's no way this beast of a machine I am using isn't good enough for a brush. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say it wasn't good enough - I just mention these are the published specs for that feature. It may be something is disabled on your system or requires an update. I do hope that is helpful either way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 1