Highlighted

Frames Per Second Changing

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really new to Adobe Animate and am having a great time except for one thing.  When I am trying to make an animation I set the frames per second at 16 fps.  But then when I play it then for some reason  three random frames slow down, and I see it happening because when I look at the FPS icon it changes from 16 to like 9 or 7 when it goes over the three frames.  Also as an experiment I copied a bunch of frames into the frames after the three frames that slow down and they play normally at 16 fps.  Please help!!

jk

3 questions to clarify:

I have the default type of animation(I can't figure out how to change it)

Sorry what is the default type of animation in Animate? Actually there isn't a default. All 4 I mentioned are equally possible. Did you make e.g. two keyframes somewhat apart from each other and you selected the first one and via right mouse click you selected either

• Create Motion Tween
  • Create Shape Tween
  • Create Classic Tween

???

They are not keyframes

Okay. But you have keyframes somewhere in your 318 frames?

I am just playing it in flash  ( I do not know how to uplaod it)

So you are not pressing ctrl/cmd + Enter or selecting from the menu Control -> Test? And test it in the Flash Player? To find out whether there are the same slowdowns in those particular frames?

You know what, can you share your file on Dropbox, Google Drive, We Transfer or something similar like that? It would be good to see your file.

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Frames Per Second Changing

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really new to Adobe Animate and am having a great time except for one thing.  When I am trying to make an animation I set the frames per second at 16 fps.  But then when I play it then for some reason  three random frames slow down, and I see it happening because when I look at the FPS icon it changes from 16 to like 9 or 7 when it goes over the three frames.  Also as an experiment I copied a bunch of frames into the frames after the three frames that slow down and they play normally at 16 fps.  Please help!!

jk

3 questions to clarify:

Sorry what is the default type of animation in Animate? Actually there isn't a default. All 4 I mentioned are equally possible. Did you make e.g. two keyframes somewhat apart from each other and you selected the first one and via right mouse click you selected either

• Create Motion Tween
  • Create Shape Tween
  • Create Classic Tween

???

They are not keyframes

So you are not pressing ctrl/cmd + Enter or selecting from the menu Control -> Test? And test it in the Flash Player? To find out whether there are the same slowdowns in those particular frames?

You know what, can you share your file on Dropbox, Google Drive, We Transfer or something similar like that? It would be good to see your file.

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 03, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jk

Without knowing more details it's really difficult to say something.

• Are you working on an Actionscript or HTML/Canvas platform?
  • How many frames is your animation long?
  • What kind of animation: Motion Tween, Shape Tween, Classic Tween or Frame-by-Frame?
  • How many layers are animations?
  • Are those frames where it slows down keyframes?
  • Is something heavy happening there (like big, sudden changes in size, location, number of instances etc)?
  • Are you animating complex movieclips with bitmaps maybe?
  • What do you mean with FPS icon?
  • Are you watching the animation in Animate IDE or Flash player or browser?

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for your response

I am working on action script

My animation is 318 frames long

It is only one layer

They are not keyframes

nothing to big is changing their is only one thing moving

I am not doing anything complex

I mean the fps icon to the left of the pause and play button that you use to change the fps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jk

3 questions to clarify:

• Create Motion Tween
  • Create Shape Tween
  • Create Classic Tween

???

They are not keyframes

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Klaus I just want to thank you because as I was testing I saw that it plays normally when I test it.  Thank you so much!   This has kind of been my dream and I was so confused about it, so ya thanks!

-JK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to know how this guy created an animation with no keyframes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2019 0
kdmemory LATEST
Advocate ,
Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ClayUUID

I wanted to ask that at first myself. But JK answered my question "Are those frames where it slows down keyframes?" probably truthfully with "They are not keyframes". Which doesn't mean he's not using keyframes at all, just not there where the playback slowed down.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2019 0