Hiding input box

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone.

I've got a small problem if someone is able to solve it.

In Adobe Animate, HTML5 canvas I would like to hide my text input box which is in your component menu.

To be more precise, I can hide it and make it reappear, but I cannot get the text input values out of it again, says the value is null. It works fine if I dont hide it with .visible.

I have also tried putting the text input box into a symbol, I can also hide it and make it reappear, but I still cannot get the values out of it. Although in the second case I am not sure if i referenced it correctly:

inputvalues = document.getElementById("this.symbolname.inputboxname");

The general gist is, I would like to hide the textbox until I call it and then get values out of it, I've tried doing it a poor mans way of putting a white coloured box infront of the inputtextbox, but the textbox is still visible, sending it back and front doesnt seem to do anything.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an element's id doesn't change no matter where the object is located. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines