• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to create custom Zoom levels?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom in Animate is extremely limited. Often I need to zoom just to a more convenient view than the shortcuts let me. I know I can set it manually in the drop down Zoom window, but this is counterproductive - I would like to have a shortcut, that zooms in increments of 25%, or at least to create several custom zoom presets, like 75%, 125% etc.

Is there any script I can use to make this happen?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Hi.

You can do this creating a script for zooming in and a script for zooming out and assigning shortcuts to them.

1 - Download the scripts:

Zoom In.jsfl

fl.getDocumentDOM().zoomFactor += 0.25;

Zoom Out.jsfl

fl.getDocumentDOM().zoomFactor -= 0.25;

If you want different zoom factors, open the scripts with Animate CC or any text editor and change 0.25 to another factor.

2- Copy the scripts to the following folder:

[INSTALLATION_DRIVE]\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\[ANIMATE_VERSION]\en_US\Configuration\Command

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not exactly what you're wanting, but you can also use Ctrl/Cmd + mouse wheel to scroll in and out, and there's the Ctrl/Cmd + 3 shortcut to make whatever you're currently editing fill the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this is helpful, I forgot about this possibility - I have added this function to my Cintiq's touch strip combined with the CMND assigned to a Wacom stylus button. The only problem with it is if I reassign the stylus button, I cannot easily use it while working on a Cintiq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You can do this creating a script for zooming in and a script for zooming out and assigning shortcuts to them.

1 - Download the scripts:

Zoom In.jsfl

fl.getDocumentDOM().zoomFactor += 0.25;

Zoom Out.jsfl

fl.getDocumentDOM().zoomFactor -= 0.25;

If you want different zoom factors, open the scripts with Animate CC or any text editor and change 0.25 to another factor.

2- Copy the scripts to the following folder:

[INSTALLATION_DRIVE]\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\[ANIMATE_VERSION]\en_US\Configuration\Commands

Example: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2018\en_US\Configuration\Commands

3 - Assing shortcuts to each script.

In my case, I've assigned:

-> Ctrl + Shift + Num + to zoom in;

-> Ctrl + Shift + Num - to zoom out;

I hope it helps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joao

this is great - works like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joao,

How do I add these scripts to After Effects 2020? I added to the scripts folder but can't see them any where?

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Unfortunately this scripts are for Adobe Animate only.

But you should be able to find something similar for After Effects. A good ideas is to ask in the AE official forums.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey thanks a lot
For me, setting 0.10 under shortcuts 1 and 2 as in ToonBomm is perfect 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines