• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers not exporting to Javascript on Publish

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck on an issue regarding publishing to javascript.

I have an old animate app I created months ago. In this old app, when I publish, it exports my layers as javascript objects:

test.jpg

I simply don't understand why my old project exports the Layers "Tiles" and "Background" to JS.

But my new project does not! Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

advanced layers must no longer convert layers to objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see a problem in your screenshot.  what problem do you see when testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem, as stated in the screenshot, is the new project is NOT exporting the layers as js objects, unlike the top example where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it gets even worse. As a test, I decided to re-publish my old app from months ago. It's checked in to a code repository, so I have high confidence nothing has changed.

However, when I published it again, it ALSO does not export the layers as objects. What the heck changed in Animate?

Why are layers not being exported as objects I can reference in code any longer? This totally broke my old projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

advanced layers must no longer convert layers to objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange that those layers wouldn't export as objects anymore, especially after you made sure that Advanced Layers was enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see some/any documentation on this.

Having learned many programming languages, I have to say...the docs for Adobe Animate/HTML 5 apps is some of the very worst and most incomplete I've ever seen. The CreateJS docs are good. But the Adobe docs are simply awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i agree with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines