Highlighted

my easing stopped working.

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wasted an hour animating something put some inandout easing on it and then noticed the easing I put on it isn't doing anything. I made a new file and some new shapes and put the same easing on the shapes and they are working correctly. So I made another brand new html5 canvass file and made two shapes and put easing on one and no easing on the other. In the browser (chrome or firefox) I see no easing if i scrub the timeline in animate i can see the easing happening. I quit animate, ive also tried restarting my computer to no avail.

What on earth is going on? I don't see where to attach a zip file to this message?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

my easing stopped working.

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wasted an hour animating something put some inandout easing on it and then noticed the easing I put on it isn't doing anything. I made a new file and some new shapes and put the same easing on the shapes and they are working correctly. So I made another brand new html5 canvass file and made two shapes and put easing on one and no easing on the other. In the browser (chrome or firefox) I see no easing if i scrub the timeline in animate i can see the easing happening. I quit animate, ive also tried restarting my computer to no avail.

What on earth is going on? I don't see where to attach a zip file to this message?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i've identified where this is happening. under publish settings if i turn off "export document as texture" my easing goes away. What exactly does "export document as texture" do? it wasn't in the previous versions of animate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2019 0
Advocate ,
May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chadd

Export document as texture takes all your vector graphic elements and publishes them in spritesheets. These files go into the images folder of your project and follow the naming convention yourfile_atlas_n.png (or .jpg dedending on your Publish Settings). This is beneficial particularly for mobile devices.

Read more...

About your problem with easing: It could be that you use Motion Tweens. If so i would advice to work instead with Classic Tweens. Motion Tweens in HTML5 Canvas mode are published as frame-by-frame animations and if you turn off texture publishing those frame easing specifics will be lost. Use Classic Tweens whenever possible. Then easing can be done in a coded way through TweenJS which is part of CreateJS.

Klaus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should of mentioned it's vector shapes that i'm tweening so its the "shape tween" that isn't working. Most of the time i'm shape tween ing a mask. Neither shape tween "classic ease" or the built in "ease in" "ease out" "easeInOut" or "custom" work. I only use adobe animate to make html5 banners mostly for doubleclick which requires files to be under 150 kilobytes this is including the javascript, library and images. So adding more images isn't ideal.

I just tested both the "classic" and the newer motion tweens and they both work fine. Its the shape tweens i'm having an issue with. Can I code shape tweens easing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - when publishing not as texture, shape tween easing happens in timeline, but doesn't happen on webpage. Was there a resolution to this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the answer i'm getting is you have to use "export document as texture" or your not going to be easing shape tweens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 0
Explorer ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess, but that means the difference between exporting the animation as bitmaps rather than vectors, and that could be an issue depending on what else you want to be doing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my full time job is making html5 banners under 150K so I'm not happy about it. the only good news is you can target which symbols have easing on the shape tweens and only make a spritesheet of those assets. I'm still not sure if this is a bug or was intended because their code was causing problems with publishers. That would be a question I wouldn't mind having answered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screenshot of your easing settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2019 0