• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with exporting camera movements out of Adobe Animate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just recently discovered this glitch after updating my Adobe Animate to the current Adobe Animate CC 2018. When I'm in adobe animate and SWF preview the animation looks fine, but when I put it into swivel to convert to MP4 the camera movements make the animation white out everything but the right corner of the animation... I've attached pictures

Problem.JPGProblem 2.JPG

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. I've re installed both Animate and Swivel, and still no fix.

TOPICS
Import and export , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

The issue here is that the camera in Animate is still ActionScript based. This means all camera movements WILL work in the Flash Player but once imported to say After Effects or converted to video format by a 3rd party app, the ActionScript gets stripped out losing all your camera movements. I do believe Adobe engineers are working to solve this workflow problem.

WORKAROUND: Export to video from Animate. This will result in a very large uncompressed MOV file. You can then convert it to MP4 using

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue, it's quite frustrating, the new camera and layer features seem to not work when exporting it, the advance layer feature and the camera, even though trying to use swivel, we hope adobe will fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I exported the animation of this example (Add visual depth to animations | ) using the default File > Export Video... and all camera and layer enhancements got exported correctly.

What version of Animate are you using? Mine is 18.0.1 (Build 115).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but worse, it will not even export camera movement to swf or to anything else.

I get these errors in debug but I don't know how to fix them.

Scene 1, Layer '___layerObjectsOrdering___', Frame 1, Line 3, Column 11 1086: Syntax error: expecting semicolon before letf.

Scene 1, Layer '___layerObjectsOrdering___', Frame 1, Line 2, Column 14 1086: Syntax error: expecting semicolon before front.

Scene 1, Layer '___layerObjectsOrdering___', Frame 1, Line 1, Column 11 1086: Syntax error: expecting semicolon before 3.

I had also put a simple stop action on the last frame and it did not work.

It is very annoying, because I need the camera movements to finish the project which is a simple animated opening for a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just figured out that Animate will not export correctly if the instance name on the stage has any spaces or forbidden characters, so I will name  symbols without spaces or weirdness to avoid changing names of instances after animation is done.

As soon as I took out spaces of instance's names it all worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesnt work for me, I still having the camera error on swivel, I cannt export a movie from Animate because there is som kind of error, only can export SWF movie and then try to export it with AE or Swivel, but AE says Captura de pantalla 2018-05-03 a las 17.45.04.png

and swivel has the camera error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue here is that the camera in Animate is still ActionScript based. This means all camera movements WILL work in the Flash Player but once imported to say After Effects or converted to video format by a 3rd party app, the ActionScript gets stripped out losing all your camera movements. I do believe Adobe engineers are working to solve this workflow problem.

WORKAROUND: Export to video from Animate. This will result in a very large uncompressed MOV file. You can then convert it to MP4 using Adobe Media Encoder or your encoder of choice.

As for symbol names with special characters, avoid it. I have learned the hard way it can cause problems in the form of bugginess. I thought that may have fixed this but always best to avoid special characters. I was naming custom ease curves using special characters like "&" and experiencing weird buggy behavior.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out one trick, im using animate 2019, i had the same issue with camera tool not exporting well etc...what i did is, when you create a new document, after setting up the size of your screen for exemple 1920x1080, then on the plateform side select: AIR for Desktop, if you export as video maybe via adobe encorder, it will work, but the main thing was the screen settin(1920x1080, platform: AIR for desktop) everything starts there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seemed like a fix initially, I think I had success with it once, but I continue to have problems with parallax and layer depth rendering correctly. It seems to export correctly as a gif, but nothing else adheres to what I'm seeing on my stage pre-render. I see no information out there about this but I'm clearly not the only one experiencing it. Please help Adobe Animate Developers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you have to Do is : Just Enable the Advance Layer Option at the top of your Timeline Layer column.

problem.jpg

Just Enable This advance layer options and Run as SWF or Publish as SWF. And then Convert SWF to Video using SWivel. You got Full view without Error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swivel! Never knew about this. Good to know - thanks.

Newgrounds Wiki - Swivel

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot it really works

i just wanted to add not to be confused when you run your swf file after publishing it because the camera will not work there , just use swivel and the camera will work there.

i hope that was helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my advanced layer settings is on and it's still not working. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in Adobe Animate 2020. It requires advanced layers in the first place, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a problem like this when I export my project as swf to test it before posting but the camera I made move while animating does nothing and stays in the same place any fixes? (I'm using animate 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines