Highlighted

Setting specific values for tween keyframes?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I'm currently learning adobe animate and have hit an annoying wall in regards to tweening symbols. I insert a tween and double click on the layer that has a motion tween to open up the specifics of it and modify the curves (image linked below is what I mean) I realize I can't find a way to input a specific value. For example, if I want the scale X of an object to become 0 in one of the keyframes I can't find a place to type in "0" and instead I just have to eyeball it when I move the keyframe. This is very annoying as it makes it impossible to polish the animations, and leaves them full of annoying small details that are noticable but can't be corrected since the only thing I can do is keep eyeballing it and hope I somehow get lucky.

Is there any option I can't find to select one of these property keyframes (ie, X coordinate keyframe, or Y Scale keyframe, etc) and type in a specific value?

TEOmuqm.png

Hi mate,

Sorry to be the one who will break the bad news, but no one who produces serious animation uses these tweens.

Since you're just starting it may be worthwhile spending some time with them to see how useless they are...

Only meaningful tweens are Classic and Shape tweens.

Since we're on the topic... The other useless feature are the bones. Take my word for it or spend some time to find out for yourself.

Best!

NT

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting specific values for tween keyframes?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I'm currently learning adobe animate and have hit an annoying wall in regards to tweening symbols. I insert a tween and double click on the layer that has a motion tween to open up the specifics of it and modify the curves (image linked below is what I mean) I realize I can't find a way to input a specific value. For example, if I want the scale X of an object to become 0 in one of the keyframes I can't find a place to type in "0" and instead I just have to eyeball it when I move the keyframe. This is very annoying as it makes it impossible to polish the animations, and leaves them full of annoying small details that are noticable but can't be corrected since the only thing I can do is keep eyeballing it and hope I somehow get lucky.

Is there any option I can't find to select one of these property keyframes (ie, X coordinate keyframe, or Y Scale keyframe, etc) and type in a specific value?

TEOmuqm.png

Hi mate,

Sorry to be the one who will break the bad news, but no one who produces serious animation uses these tweens.

Since you're just starting it may be worthwhile spending some time with them to see how useless they are...

Since we're on the topic... The other useless feature are the bones. Take my word for it or spend some time to find out for yourself.

Best!

NT

TOPICS
Discussions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2019 0
Guide ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

Best!

NT

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, thats a damn shame considering how much easier they seemed, but thanks for the help.

Given that they're useless, is there anything else similar in function? In a situation where they aren't needed (ie, the actual drawing doesn't change shape, just entirely rotates or translates or scales) I can't quite see the appeal of drawing every frame (even if I draw on twos). I'm coming from (hobbyist) 3d animation so tweening seems closest to what I'm used to with in between-frames being calculated and just tweaking the motion curve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 0
Guide ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use the Classic tweens, mate!

They are very straight-forward. Have their quirks, but are actually very easy to master and intuitive.

Here are some articles I have written which may be of interest, esp to someone who is familiar with animation and has experience with 3D. Things should make sense very quickly.

Understanding symbol registration in Flash and Animate | electric dog :: flanimate power tools

http://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

Character rigging for Flash animation | electric dog :: flanimate power tools

Good luck with your projects!

NT

- Nick: Character designer and animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet as, thanks mate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 1